RE: Devices going offline on Adaptec 29320 using driverAIC79XXafter messages "Attempting to queue an ABORT message:CDB"

> Completely normal as in some disk arrays can take 60-120s to process
commands under heavy load ... this depends on disk
> array though.  The classic one to do this is the EMC symmetrix:  It
has such a massive cache that it can accept I/O at
> cable rates while spitting it out to the platters at less than this.
It's like a sink filling up until you reach the
> overflow.  By the time this happens, it can take minutes to get data
from the cable across the cache to the platters
> causing command timeouts unless the O/S is tuned to accept far longer
timeout intervals.

>If it's a bug in the sequencer, it's going to be very hard to fix
without documentation, so I'd hope for the former.

>James

What I figured I would try is to decrease the timeout and see if that
makes the error occur more often (since it can easily take 12-24 hours
to reproduce the other error ... at least when I want it to happen :) ).
Is my logic that this should make the error occur more often (if its a
timeout issue) correct?

Thanks,

Jay