Re: mptbase Code={Abort} (LSI SAS1068 PCI-X Fusion-MPT)

Sebastian Wasilewski said:

There is still one thing I do not understand. I have made a test -- I
have connected three SATA hard drives directly to the controller using
cable supplied with the controller. The error still occurred. Then I
have changed the cable to the one supplied with other controller, as
well as hard drives (but model was still the same) and the error message
was still occurring.

I have changed controller (I have a few of them) but again, the problem
still existed.

If anyone else can replicate these errors using Sebastian's setup above I would interested in hearing.

I have a case open with LSI but apparently my HBA is a "prototype" board and this is complicating things. I have had no indication whether they can replicate this issue or not.

If anyone else from LSI is on this list and can wade through SR# 2-209998499 I'd be interested in any suggestions. Time is running out for me and I will probably have to go with someone elses HBA.

Apologies for this mail not threading correctly, as I am not subscribed. The start of it can be found here:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=120805128416791&w=2

and carries on here:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=120869748422095&w=2

Regards,