RE: mptsas problem

On Sunday, April 13, 2008 2:49 PM, Wakko Warner wrote:

> > depth of 64 it may be queueing internally as well.  You could try
> > lowering the lsi queue to 31 and seeing if it makes a difference.
>
> IIRC, someone said the LSIs does queue in firmware.

It was probably me that told you that.   Anyways,  the lsiutil 100
output you sent me last week indicated youre controller has NCQ
disabled.     You need new firmware and controller chip rev in order to
support NCQ.  You should contact LSI support to obtain which versions of
firmware and chip rev that is required.   Meanwhile your controller will
queuing commands for SATA, only sending one command across the wire at a
time.   For SAS, you will not have this issue.

Eric