Re: Help On Adaptec SAS Controller AD-483000

IMHO, there are no SAS controller that support PMP's
today. However having said that there are a bunch of
SI & Marvell controllers which work with PMP's

Thanks,
Rakesh

Can anyone please suggest me any SAS raid controller
which supports
hooking up SATA Port multiplier? As I mentioned
earlier, with Adaptec
SAS Controller AD-483000, when I try to send FIS reset
to the SATA Port
Multiplier, I get errors from the Adaptec f/w /
driver. The command I
send out is:

1. Send Nop with SRST bit set to port 15
0x27 0xf 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0xa0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
0x0 0x0 0x4

2. Send Nop with SRST bit clear to port 15
0x27 0xf 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0xa0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
0x0 0x0 0x0

At this point, I am expecting the Port Multiplier to
respond with
signature fis.

But I get errors after first command and subsequent
commands don't go
out on the bus.
//sanjay