Re: sd incorrectly reports write cache disabled on cache-capable drives/controllers

Thank you so much for the quick reply - I risk asking one follow-up question.

On Friday 25 January 2008 22:15:20 James Bottomley wrote:
> The "cache" hear would be referring to the RAID controller cache, not
> the disk cache.  Likewise DPO and FUA refer to what the RAID controller
> can support, not the disk.

Would it be safe to assume that the problem thus lies within the mptfusion
driver, since a) the LSI Logic controller in question does indeed have
hardware cache capabilities; and b) an older kernel version as well as
Windows Server, correctly loads with the correct cache parameters at boot?

What would be the correct path forward to trouble-shoot this further in order
to get the driver to utilize the maximum hardware capabilities in the generic
kernel.org kernels?

Thanks again, and I apologize in advance if my questions are too basic for
this list.

-