Re: PATCH: scsi-sd-last-sector-bug-flag.patch

Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 11:12:26AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi all,

This patch adds a new scsi_device flag for devices which contain a bug where the device crashes when the last sector is read in a larger then 1 sector read.

This is for example the case with sdcards in the HP PSC1350 printer cardreader
and in the HP PSC1610 printer cardreader.

Wait, we already handle this in the usb-storage driver, why are you
putting this in the scsi core now?

No we don't, I've send patches for this to the usb-storage driver but they were refused as they modified scsi commands in flight, the consensus was that this should be done in the scsi layer, hence this patch.

confused,

I've noticed, esp. with regards to your second mail to which I will reply next. There has been a lot of discussion about this ending in this (perfectly fine) patch, which is much better then my original hack if I may add that.

Regards,

Hans
-