RE: Open-FCoE on linux-scsi

This is how I see the comparison. ('/' indicates 'or')

You suggest						Open-FCoE
SCSI-ml						SCSI-ml
scsi_transport_fc.h				scsi_tranport_fc.h
scsi_transport_fc.c (FC core) / HBA		openfc / HBA
fcoe / HBA						fcoe / HBA

>From what I can see the layering is roughly the same with the main
difference being that we should be using more of (and putting more into)
scsi_transport_fc.h. Also we should make the FCP implementation (openfc)
fit in a bit nicer as scsi_transport_fc.c. We're going to look into
making better use of scsi_transport_fc.h as a first step.

I'm a little confused though; in a prior mail it seemed that you were
clubbing openfc and fcoe together, and at one point Fujita's stack
showed a libfcoe and fcoe fitting directly under scsi_transport_fc. I
think the layering is nicer at this point in the thread, where SCSI only
knows that it's using FC and the SW implementation of FCP knows the
transport. It's closer to my understanding of Open-iSCSI.

Open-iSCSI						Open-FCoE
scsi_transport_iscsi.c				scsi_transport_fc.c
iscsi_tcp.c						fcoe

I'm curious how aware you think scsi_transport_fc.h should be of FCoE?