Re: AHCI finds disks; no /dev/sd inodes bound?

Stefan Richter wrote:
> The Kconfig menu layouts, prompts, and help texts are there to inform/
> "educate"/ guide the user when configuring the build environment, with
> the goal that he safely and efficiently gets to a working software
> configuration.

It might have been not entirely clear from my earlier postings, but I
(and others) actually made alternative suggestions how to improve the
menus.  Namely, split the SCSI menu and get to the following order of
prompts:

	"Do you have HDDs?"
	"(Then you need this option here, except in this and that very
	special case.)"

	"Do you have an IDE or SATA controller?"

	"I see your attention is beginning to slip, but let me ask one
	more thing --- do you have one of those SCSI controllers? No?
	Thought	so."

No need to use the buggy and conceptually problematic "select" keyword
anywhere.
--
Stefan Richter