Re: Open-FCoE on linux-scsi

FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
Understood, but open-iscsi doesn't have the layering scheme that we do.
Since we're providing a Fibre Channel protocol processing layer that
different transport types can register with I think the generic name is
appropriate. Anyway, I don't think anyone here is terribly stuck on the
name; it's not a high priority at this time.

open-iscsi provides the proper abstraction. It can handles different
transport types, tcp and RDMA (iSER). It supports software iSCSI
drivers and HW iSCSI HBAs drivers. They are done via iscsi transport
class (and libiscsi).

I think I hinted to this offlist, but the bnx2i branch in my iscsi git tree is best to look at for this. The upstream stuff is best the model where we support only HW iscsi hbas drivers (all offload) and SW iscsi drivers (all software). The bnx2i branch modifies the class and lib so it also supports a model in between the two, so pretty much everything is covered.
-