Re: [0/4 ver2] Last 3 patches for bidi support

On Tue, Nov 06 2007 at 20:04 +0200, Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [1]
> I propose a small change to scsi_tgt_lib.c that will make
> tgt completely neutral to the scsi_data_buffer patch. And will
> make it all that more ready for bidi, too. TOMO is this OK?
>
> (Can you do without the GFP_KERNEL allocation flag? It could
> make the code a bit more simple)
>
> [2]
> scsi_data_buffer patch.
> As requested by TOMO the all patch is squashed into one, 600
> and some lines. TOMO if it makes you happy, OK, here it is.
>
> There is one hunk from libsrp.c that I really hate. and from what
> I understand of the code, only the "request_bufflen =" is really used,
> All users of "request_buffer = addr" pass NULL, as far as I can see.
> If you would like to make me happy, and it is at all possible, please
> clean it.
>
> [3]
> Once scsi_data_buffer is in, then scsi bidi support can be applied.
> (Block bidi was already merged 3 kernels ago). It makes no changes
> to scsi_cmnd and only adds some, not-at-all-dangerous, code to scsi_lib.
> So I don't see any reason to wait. please all review.
>
> If ACKed by all parties and applied for inclusion for 2.6.25,
> then they will have a long time to sit in MM and collect
> compilation breakage reports from ARCHs we never compiled.
>
> I wish these make everybody happy this time
>
> Boaz Harrosh

Version 2, fixed as of Tomo's comments. Thanks Tomo.

[0]
   Remove dead code from sd.c & sr.c. It was conceived by programmers
   in the passed that rq_data_dir() could perhaps be expanded to 2 bits
   and return READ/WRITE/BIDI. But we have decided long ago that a bidi
   request is when blk_bidi_rq() == true, and in that case
   rq_data_dir() == WRITE. So now we can be sure of what the compiler knew
   for a long time. (The future is already here)

See above

I must insist again they should have time to sit in -mm.
For posible compilation breakage of other ARCHs.

Boaz

-