Short INQUIRY return

Hello.

Background:
Promise TX4 SATA300 with sata_promise driver generates lots of errors, both read and write.

I'm now trying to port Promise-written driver, which works ok with 2.6.11, to 2.6.22, so that I can hopefully discover the error-inducing difference between them, and gain
	some understanding of kernel internals in the process.

I have somewhat cleaned up the horrible mess the Promise driver code is, so that it compiles,
	loads and attaches to the controller.

Problem:

Its internal port scan prints out correct information about hard drive(s) discovered, and correctly (i think) fills out response to the INQUIRY command, but when scsi subsystem receives it back,
	it contains some garbage instead.

The same code works ok on 2.6.11, and I think it would work ok up to 2.6.16 at least, but I have not checked yet.

Question:
	Can anyone please point out some drastic change in SCSI subsystem
	(and what it would take to fix the driver up)
that would result in such behavior, so that I can save some time digging it up myself?

--

./lxnt
-