RE: generating a Linux WWN?

Unfortunately, it looks like IEEE doesn't have any OID's registered for
Linux or other reserved areas
(http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt). However, it does look
like they go in order... so maybe if you used an OID of 0xFFFFFF you
could at least guarantee that you didn't conflict with any company's SAS
WWNs.

Patrick Boyd

-