Re: switch sdev sysfs attributes to default attributes

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 05:00:14PM +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> From: Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [SCSI] switch sdev sysfs attributes to default attributes
>
> This removes the unused sysfs attribute overwriting logic for most of
> the attributes, and plugs them into the driver core default attribute
> creation.
>
> Without this patch, at the time of the events for the SCSI LUN's, there
> will be no sysfs files, because their creation is delayed until the sd
> driver has spun up the disks, which might take several seconds. It is the
> last WAIT_FOR_SYSFS rule in the default udev setup which can be removed
> with this change.

Looks good for to me.  How does sysfs react if some driver would add the
same attribute the core has already added?  If it give back a sane error
(and maybe even prints a message) then it's fine, otherwise we might have
to add some debug code to error out if a driver tries to add an existing
attribute because it sneaked through review or similar.

-