TRIM support not always initialized correctly

Hi,

I'm running kernel 6.1.43 and I'm running into an issue with a JMS578/JMS579 USB-SATA adapter connected to an SSD.

When I first connect the adapter to the USB port of my laptop, TRIM support seems to be disabled:

$ lsblk -D | head -n 2
NAME        DISC-ALN DISC-GRAN DISC-MAX DISC-ZERO
sda                0        4K       0B         0

(Notice the DISC-MAX value).

However, if immediately after that, I remove and insert the uas module, then TRIM support seems to work fine:

$ modprobe -r uas
$ modprobe uas

$ lsblk -D | head -n 2
NAME        DISC-ALN DISC-GRAN DISC-MAX DISC-ZERO
sda                0        4K       4G         0

This seems to happen very consistently (both the disabled TRIM when first connecting the device and the enabled TRIM
when reloading the module).

As far as I know I don't have any udev rules for this device, but I don't know how to verify this for sure.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Thank you.