Re: blktests scsi/007 failure

On Apr 20, 2023 / 13:59, John Garry wrote:
[...]
> Do you know why you specifically were seeing this issue for v6.3-rc7? Is it
> just timing related? I seem to remember you mentioning debug configs
> earlier.

The test case failure was observed with v6.2 also. I did not try older kernels,
but I guess the issue has been existing for long time. The failure is observed
by chance, and the failure ratio increases when I enable kernel debug options. I
think the issue has been hidden, and unveiled with slow kernel and slow system.
Also I think the issue is timing related based on my observations.

> It would be nice to see this issue fixed for 6.3 and earlier, but,
> considering the circumstances, it doesn't look straightforward.

Agreed. The fix patch can not be applied to kernel v6.3 or older version. This
is scsi_debug issue, and I'm not sure if it's worth back-porting effort to
stable kernels.