Re: Is there any tool can perform a READ Capacity command?

Martin K. Petersen wrote:

> jidong> I know sg_modes can help to perform a SCSI MODE SENSE command,
> jidong> is there any tool/command that can perform a READ Capacity
> jidong> command?
>
> sg_readcap

In the sg3_utils package there is a COVERAGE file which
lists the mapping between SCSI commands and the sg3_utils
utilities that send them. [Amongst other things it is useful
when I forget.]

sg3_utils version 1.25 is work in progress; here is the
ChangeLog to date:

Changelog for sg3_utils-1.25 [20070728]
  - sg_sat_set_features: new utility (actually copied from examples
    directory); renamed examples version: sg__sat_set_features
  - sg_dd: add oflag=sparse to step over bs*bpt number of zeros;
    - with oflag=sparse, write last bs*bpt segment at end or after
      error so file length of OFILE is appropriate
    - when coe>1 then SCSI READ LONG logic remember extended block
      length of first encountered error
  - sg_dd, sgm_dd, sgp_dd: allow iflag=null and oflag=null both of
    which do nothing (placeholders)
  - sg_ses: sync with ses2r17 the r18
  - sg_vpd: add block device characteristics VPD page
  - sg_logs: update background scan results log page, sbc3r11
  - place source in subversion repository
  - convert build logic to use autotools (i.e. './configure ; make')
    - rename this file from CHANGELOG to ChangeLog
    - note: only utilities in main directory built by autotools
      infrastructure; subdirectories still use hand-crafted Makefiles

Doug Gilbert

-