[patch 0/6] aha152x.c - Cleanup, bugfixes, convert to accessors

In motivation for the !use_sg cleanup and use of accessors
I needed to do some restructuring of the aha152x.c driver.

The patchset has been tested by Randy Dunlap on a PCMCIA
hardware based on aha152x.c. And some bugs where fixed
in the process by Randy.

The problematic parts were that the driver writes all over the
scsi_cmnd members in couple of places. To untangle that I divided
the work to stages for easier review and testing. I was very
verbose at each patch explanation, mainly for myself to try and
prove that the changes are sound.

[patch 1/6] aha152x in debug mode
 Enabling debug prints would not compile...

[patch 2/6] aha152x.c - use bounce buffer
 Override .slave_alloc() to force use of a bounce buffer
 This fixes a kernel crash with HIGHMEM=y configs.

[patch 3/6] aha152x.c - Preliminary fixes and comments
 Some weird typos and some hard coded numbers made the code
 very hard to understand.

[patch 4/6]  aha152x.c - Clean Reset path
 On the Reset code path the driver would save, write, than
 restore scsi_cmnd members. Here I propose a solution that
 does not need to do that.

[patch 5/6] aha152x.c - Fix check_condition code-path
  In case of a Status return from a target. The driver
  would re-queue the command with a REQUEST_SENSE read.
  Again save, write, restore. I cleaned that up to a stage
  I can be happy with. Also while at it I fixed a BUG with
  "resid".

[patch 6/6] aha152x.c - use data accessors and !use_sg cleanup
  And now everything is ready for this one.

Jams I am not getting any response from Jürgen E. Fischer which
is to my understanding the maintainer of this driver. With Randy's
testing review, could we accept these changes?

Boaz

-