Errors with Sun StorageTek STK RAID INT (Adaptec ASR-5805) with EL 8.6 driver?

Hey all -

We have an older Sun Microsystems SunFire x4250 server with one of Sun's STK RAID INT, a rebadged Adaptec ASR-5805 (Cougar) RAID HBA that takes the aacraid driver, and I'm getting all kinds of errors with it in Alma Linux 8.6. I have performed hardware tests of both the server's memory (it passed a weekend of memtest86+ runs of 24 passes) as well as all 16 of our Sun-branded HGST 900 GB 10k RPM SAS drives (using Seagate's SeaTools Bootable, all 16 passed S.M.A.R.T. checks as well as short and long drive self-tests), and all pass with flying colors across multiple runs of every test.

I nonetheless am getting all kinds of errors on my Alma Linux 8.6 install with that dd-aacraid-1.2.1-7.el8_6.elrepo.iso driver obtained from https://elrepo.org/linux/dud/el8/x86_64/. I don't know if that's the wrong driver or what, but I get basically one session of usable Linux, and once I reboot, I get all kinds of errors - see here:

https://imgur.com/a/qt2anw3

/dev/sda is a simple, two-drive RAID-1 array - and I have tested now four different drives in that array in varying combinations, and I get these errors in all of them. I even swapped out our Sun STK RAID INT (Cougar) RAID HBA for another one of the same make/model, and got the same errors. Neither the Adaptec RAID BIOS reports any problems with the arrays, nor does SeaTools - so I'm increasingly disinclined to believe that any of our drives are bad, I'm starting to think this is some kind of configuration problem, or some kind of driver problem with the dd-aacraid-1.2.1-7.el8_6.elrepo.iso aacraid driver that I'm using. :P

Any ideas?

--
Tom Spettigue
Staff Engineer