Re: HP PSC 1350 cardreader problem + fix, needs new unusal_dev FLAG

On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 18:43 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> 1) currently I have decided to add quirk code for this to the usb-storage
>     driver, as I don't want to polute the generic scsi code with this, but maybe
>     it would be better to add a quirk for this to the scsi layer?
> 2) What on earth should I name the flag for this?

It probably makes the most sense to keep this at the USB layer.  I can't
see any properly conforming SCSI device having this problem.  Plus the
command construction is currently a submit hot path for SCSI ... this
would add an extra check to that path.

> 3) Currently I just shorten the read / write by one sector. The scsi layer then
>     notices the 1 sector to short read/write and sends a new command for the
>     last sector. This works well, but is it ok to depend on the scsi layer
>     behaving this way?

Yes, that's behaviour by design.

> 4) Should I be checking for other READ_X and WRITE_x commands too?

That depends on USB storage, but I think it currently sets the
use_10_for_rw flag which forces us only to use READ_10/WRITE_10

James

-