RE: [patch 14/25] SCSI: use irq_handler_t where appropriate

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 10:21 -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 10:28 -0400, Salyzyn, Mark wrote:
> > This is not just a maintainer's issue. We see the silent ACK treatment
> > all the time from all avenues of inspection whether they be maintainers,
> > illuminati, interested parties or JAFO. There is a little bit of a
> > volunteer in every one of us.
> >
> > Requiring the maintainer to be cc'd is a burden on the submitter, I do
> > not want to spank someone that comes up with a useful patch that fails
> > some bureaucratic litmus test. It is still a good idea, but lets try a
> > different tactic?
> >
> > James, you are a volunteer, so I can not require an increase in your
> > burden. But it would be 'nice' if you had a git tree that reported
> > pending approval (so that makes three persistent trees if I am correct,
> > scsi-misc-2.6, scsi-rc-fixes-2.6 and scsi-pending-2.6?). This way we can
> > tell that you saw it, and as a maintainer we can see a change even if we
> > missed the patch email. It does make it hard for the maintainer to
> > report *which* patch to approve, but he could do a blanket approval of
> > what he sees in the pending tree? AndrewM can tell that he no longer
> > needs to track the patch, as it is now the SCSI list's responsibility
> > once it is in the pending tree.
>
> We can certainly try that approach.  Please note that scsi-pending-2.6
> will essentially be a quilt like tree (i.e. constantly rebasing) so it
> will be impossible to pull incrementally from it ... but you will be
> able to fetch from it and just check it out to give the patches an
> inspection/try out.

OK, this is basically done.  I've set up the pending tree here:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi-pending-2.6.git;a=summary

Since it's wet out today, I also coded up a git update hook that emails
people who get patches into this tree and the maintainers nagging about
needed acks.

James

-