Re: [LSF/MM/BFP ATTEND] [LSF/MM/BFP TOPIC] Storage: Copy Offload

On 29.10.2021 10:14, Javier González wrote:
On 29.10.2021 00:21, Chaitanya Kulkarni wrote:
On 10/7/21 11:49 PM, Javier González wrote:
External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

On 06.10.2021 10:33, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On 10/6/21 3:05 AM, Javier González wrote:
I agree that the topic is complex. However, we have not been able to
find a clear path forward in the mailing list.

Hmm ... really? At least Martin Petersen and I consider device mapper
support essential. How about starting from Mikulas' patch series that
supports the device mapper? See also
https://lore.kernel.org/all/alpine.LRH.2.02.2108171630120.30363@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

When we add a new REQ_OP_XXX we need to make sure it will work with
device mapper, so I agree with Bart and Martin.

Starting with Mikulas patches is a right direction as of now..

Thanks for the pointers. We are looking into Mikulas' patch - I agree
that it is a good start.

What do you think about joining the call to talk very specific next
steps to get a patchset that we can start reviewing in detail.

I can do that.

Thanks. I will wait until Chaitanya's reply on his questions. We will
start suggesting some dates then.

I think at this point we need to at least decide on having a first call
focused on how to proceed forward with Mikulas approach  ...

Javier, can you please organize a call with people you listed in this
thread earlier ?

Here you have a Doogle for end of next week and the week after OCP.
Please fill it out until Wednesday. I will set up a call with the
selected slot:

   https://doodle.com/poll/r2c8duy3r8g88v8q?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

Thanks,
Javier

I sent the invite for the people that signed up into the Doodle. The
call will take place on Monday November 15th, 17.00-19.00 CET. See the
list of current participants below. If anyone else wants to participate,
please send me a note and I will extend the invite.

  Johannes.Thumshirn@xxxxxxx
  Vincent.fu@xxxxxxxxxxx
  a.dawn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  a.manzanares@xxxxxxxxxxx