Re: [Scst-devel] Problems with SCST and QLA 2432 FC Cards

Andrew Vasquez <andrew.vasquez@xxxxxxxxxx> Skrev:

On Fri, 18 May 2007, Johan Kragsterman wrote:

>> >Most probably, the driver by link sent by Matthew Jacob will be a good
>> >starting point, where you can see examples how to work with the card, so
>
>> >you can add it to the qla2x00t driver. Also you will need a manual the
>> >firmware interface specification for 2400 series of the cards. It is
>> >under NDA, but you maybe lucky to get one from QLogic. Feel free to ask
>
>> >me any SCST or qla2x00t driver related questions.

>> That´s a very nice initiativ! Though I believe the most important target
>> driver to develope is one for a PCI-Express HBA. I believe QLA24xx
>stands
>> for PCI-X, doesn´t it? And the PCI-Express HBA is called QLE-something?
>But
>> maybe with this driver we will come closer to a PCI-Express HBA target
>> driver?
>
>QLogic doesn't formally release target-mode drivers for their ISP
>chips.  Matthew J. has done a great job at providing a community
>available souce-base from which to draw ideas and code from.
>
>Regards,
>Andrew Vasquez

So, Andrew, do you officially represent Qlogic? If so, your point of view
here is interesting, since you seem to consider that: "Matthew J. has done a
great job at providing a community available souce-base from which to draw
ideas and code from".
 In what way is Qlogic interested in helping the community with providing
open firmware, drivers and tools?

 Rgrds Johan

-