bidi bsg is non-blocking

Greetings to all,

I'm attempting to use the bidi variant of bsg to talk to an OSD target
device. I've run into an undesirable situation.

My application has a free-running receive loop (doing a read() on the bsg
device) waiting for responses to commands sent to bsg by another thread.
The problem is that the receive thread is getting ENODATA from the read()
when there are no commands pending.  I have NOT set non-blocking.

Note that the old sg driver was quite willing to block until there was a
response available. I find this scenario greatly preferable.

Could bsg be fixed so that read() blocks when there is nothing to return?

Dan Messinger
Seagate Technology Research

-