LTO 4 encryption support?

Hi,
  It is said that LTO 4 drives are starting to be available and
that they have encryption support built in.

Does anyone know anything about the encryption stuff on it?
In particular:

  1) How can I tell if it is using encryption?
  2) How can I set the encryption key on the drive?

I guess my biggest worry would be running a drive which I believed
wasn't encrypting and then only find out when I replace the drive
that it was encrypted; with some default key I didn't know.
However it would be nice to run with encryption if I could then
store that key in a few nice secure places.

Suggestions welcome.

Dave

/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert    | Running GNU/Linux on Alpha,68K| Happy  \
\ gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | MIPS,x86,ARM,SPARC,PPC & HPPA | In Hex /
-