Transport ID in Persistent Reservation

The 'Specify Initiator Ports' support in persistent reservation allows
the application client to send a bunch of transport IDs which identify
initiator ports. I would like to know the suggested format for these
transport IDs.
I am assuming that it must have something to do with the WWN of the
initiator ports.
I tried using sg_utils to issue a persistent reservation IN command
with "READ FULL STATUS" to a virtual SCSI disk which is returning the
response in the format specified in SPC-4. However the sg_utils seems
to be decoding the transport ID in some way that I cant find in the
standard.
Thanks.
Renuka Apte.
-