Re: [RFC] add io_uring support in scsi layer

On 9/3/20 10:14 AM, Kashyap Desai wrote:
> Currently io_uring support is only available in the block layer.
> This RFC is to extend support of mq_poll in the scsi layer.

I think this needs to clarify that io_uring with IOPOLL is not currently
supported, outside of that everything else should work and no extra
support in the driver is needed.

The summary and title makes it sound like it currently doesn't work at
all, which obviously isn't true!

> megaraid_sas and mpt3sas driver will be immediate users of this interface.
> Both the drivers can use mq_poll only if it has exposed more than one
> nr_hw_queues.
> Waiting for below changes to enable shared host tag support.

Just a quick question, do these low level drivers support non-irq mode
for requests? That's a requirement for IOPOLL support to work well, and
I don't think it'd be worthwhile to plumb anything up that _doesn't_
support pure non-IRQ mode. That's identical to the NVMe support, we will
not allow IOPOLL if you don't have explicit non-IRQ support.

Outside of that, no comments on this enablement patch, looks pretty
straight forward and fine to me.

--
Jens Axboe