Re: Linux Virtual SCSI HBAs and Virtual disks

Stefan Richter wrote:
Aboo Valappil wrote:
I implemented a new IOCTL to remove this scsi_host if the user process really needs to. This removal will first finish all the SCSI commands (With the above status results) queued on the scsi_host (If at all) and then remove the scsi_host. Also the module unload will delete all the scsi_hosts created after finishing all the commands queued with the above status and sense information.

This is a valid approach, but probably more useful would be something like:
  - userspace device server or "modprobe -r" or procfs/sysfs magic or
    whatever else requests removal of a Scsi_Host (or merely of a single
    scsi_device),
  - vscsihba enters scsi_remove_host() or scsi_remove_device(),
  - SCSI core and upper layers do whatever it takes to withdraw from
    the respective I-T(-L) nexus gracefully (e.g. synchronize cache,
    unlock drive door...),
Does this happen automatically when the scsi_remove_host() is called, or I have to explicitly tell the upper layers to start shutting down gracefully?

-