Re: ufs-bsg node not created

On 28/06/2020, Avri Altman <Avri.Altman@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I'm trying to use the ufs-bsg transport for SSD debug tool and facing
>> an issue where there is no ufs-bsg node created either in /dev or
>> /dev/bsg.
> ufs-bsg is a bsg node designed to communicate with a ufs devices,
> using non-scsi commands, but a ufs-specific protocol, which your ssd doesn't
> speak.
> So you can't use it with any non-ufs devices.
> To create it you need to open its config switch - CONFIG_SCSI_UFS_BSG.
>
> Maybe try using the sg driver?
>
> Thanks,
> Avri

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_BSG, CONFIG_BLK_DEV_BSGLIB, CONFIG_SCSI_UFS_BSG were
already enabled.
Issuing a firmware info command but passing /dev/sda as a node
returned expected result, so the drive is at least partially supported
by the tool.
Anyway, after inspection of the drive with DMM the point of failure
appears to be at hardware level so the tool won't be much of a use.
It's Micron M600 m2 disk btw.

Thanks, Tom