Adaptect 9405w: What is the best solution?

Hi, I'm working on getting Linux to use my SATA drives on an IBM x306 running a HostRaid controller that uses the adaptech 9405w chipset.

I found this thread on the list:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.scsi/29040/focus=29040

What I'm wondering about is:
a) Where can I get the patches that mr Tuikov maintains for this chipset? b) Are they maintained wrt to different kernel versions, i.e. do they apply cleanly to a 2.6.20 or 2.6.16 kernel?
c) In the thread Darrick Wong refers to another branch[1] that contains  (according to him) a lot of fixes for this chipset. Is that branch confirmed to work with my chipset?

My main goal is to get this box up and running using debian or ubuntu. I have managed to get it to run the debian 2.6.9 kernel as outlined in [2] using the adp94xx driver, but I cannot get that driver to compile on newer kernels.

I have also tried to compile the latest rc of the 2.6.20 kernel and loaded up the aic94xx driver + firmware. I then ended up getting the same errors that started the above mentioned thread on this list.

So what is the best solution here? Has anyone managed to get a newer kernel to run on this chipset?

1. http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/jejb/aic94xx-sas-2.6.git;a=summary
2. http://www.jimmy.co.at/weblog/?p=71

Kind regards and thanks for any input.
Tarjei Huse