Re: problems to expect with >2TB volumes

Hello Douglas,

thanks for your help, I was just a bit worried when I read  the thread.

> On reviewing that thread, the original poster was
> jumping to premature conclusions. Justin Gibbs told
> him there was no such problem (and Justin is well
> placed to know). Then the final post shows a trace
> with READ(10) commands failing. They are 32 bit lba
> read operations that have been the default for about
> 10 years in the SCSI subsystem. If those fail on that
> transport it is probably a termination problem.
> When Justin saw that he probably didn't bother
> responding again.

For a non-scsi protocol expert those scsi card dumps really don't say
anything :(

Thanks again,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut / Theoretische Chemie