Re: [mptscsi] endless Domain Validation loop with external RAID enclosure

Hello again,

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Etienne.Vogt@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I am having trouble getting an external Brownie BR8600 SCSItoIDE RAID
enclosure to work on our new HP Proliant ML350 file server. The SCSI
controller used is the integrated HP LSI based MPT SCSI controller :

With linux kernel 2.6.18.1 (official kernel.org, no added patches), the mptspi module goes into endless domain validation retries.

 I just checked on the web site of the RAID system manufacturer
(axus.com.tw) to see if they have released an updated firmware that
could solve the problem and unfortunately this is not the case.
 These BR8600 RAID systems are already running the latest available
firmware (1.16a).
 So I really need a solution to continue using these systems on recent
2.6 kernels.

--
		Etienne Vogt (Etienne.Vogt@xxxxxxxx)
		Observatoire de Paris-meudon, France