Re: [patch 45/45] drivers/scsi: Handcrafted MIN/MAX macro removal

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:28:01 -0500
James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 15:19 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > I've been maintaining some of these scsi patches for over a year.  Please
> > either merge them, nack-with-reasons or indicate that I should merge them.
>
> Actually, we have a bit of a record in this batch.  I selected 25 for
> immediate application, out of which I got 24 rejections.  It looks like
> most of the rejections are because the patch is already in my
> scsi-rc-fixes-2.6 tree.  Could you check this is actually being included
> in -mm?

Oh.  I dropped rc-fixes many months ago because it had lots of things which
were also in scsi-misc.  Or vice versa.  That seems to be sorted out now,
so I'll bring rc-fixes back.

> The active SCSI trees that should be included in mm are
>
> scsi-rc-fixes-2.6
> scsi-misc-2.6
> aic94xx-sas-2.6
>
> The remaining patches are all minor cleanup suggestions that are waiting
> on maintainers.  (unfortunately, maintainers aren't really greatly
> incented to look through patches like "make a varaible static").

They probably don't think there's a need to commnet on obvious things.
-