Re: Mid-layer API?

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:43:09 -0500 Haefliger, Juerg wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> First, I'm a newbie to SCSI so please forgive me if any of the following
> questions are silly. Having said that, I very much appreciate pointers
> to good SCSI references and the Linux implementaion of the SCSI
> subsystem...
>
> I have a kernel driver that needs to send SCSI commands and data to a FC
> disk attached to a Qlogic FC HBA. I'm hooking into the SCSI mid-layer by
> calling scsi_do_req(). It seems to work but I'm not sure if this is the
> right way of doing things. Is scsi_do_req the right entry point into the
> mid-layer or should I use something else? Or should I hook into
> something else than the mid-layer? And finally, is there any
> documentation talking about the mid-layer API?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

I began on a scsi-mid-layer-api.txt file a few years ago.  :(
Sadly I haven't touched it since then.  You can see if it may help
you any:  http://www.xenotime.net/linux/doc/scsi-interfaces.txt

It's just text from scsi .h and .c files.

You can also see if this other *also outdated* SCSI driver doc
helps you any:  (get pdf or OpenOffice files from
http://developer.osdl.org/dev/opendrivers/wiki/index.php/Storage )

Feel free to update/correct either of them.  :)

---
~Randy
-