RE: aacraid: Host adapter reset request. SCSI hang ? Adaptec 2820SA

The usual cause for this is that the bus, or the drives, are in trouble.
The driver and the OS are merely responding to a serious hardware
failure.

My first suggestion is to ensure that you have the latest available
firmware in the controller and in the drives. Problems crop up if the
power supplies are not capable of dealing with the load, make sure you
have adequate power budget for all peak power consumption requirements.
If drive compatibility is in question, then I suggest contacting the
drive vendor, and Adaptec Technical support to determine if there is an
issue. Possibilities include utilizing the WD JD series drives, as they
are not compatible with any Hardware RAID cards. WD has a program where
they will replace your drives with RAID compatible units. Check SATA/SAS
cables and routing as well as cooling for both the drives and the
controller card.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn

-