Re: [linux-scsi] scsi_scan_host will hang up my system!

Please reply to the list, not in private.

crazyrushstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Now I have make my driver work well under a
> environment without a lun(This is a RAID card). After
> insmod , inquery(12H) , report lun(A0H) received 8
> times. Syetem   is alive.
>
> If I insmod after make a lun, system will hangup
> within 2 secends. All message printed by printk wont
> show so that I dont know where is wrong.
>
> I Use  "tail -f /var/log/messages &" to observe kernel
> log.

Probably an interrupt handler is hanging.

Set up a serial console or netconsole or debug via FireWire.

Or simply switch to a text console (IOW to a VGA console or framebuffer
console, not an X11 terminal) and let klogd log directly to it. This may
give you at least parts of the last messages. I think it goes like this:
# killall klogd
# klogd
# modprobe yourmodule

--