Re: BUG in sas event handling mechanism???

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 10:40 -0700, malahal@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I see a PORTE_BYTES_DMAED event, followed by a PHYE_LOSS_OF_SIGNAL event
> and then followed by a PORTE_BYTES_DMAED event on the same phy. The code
> seems to just drop the last event because of the not yet processed first
> event. So, it just processes the first two events in that order. In
> other words, the link doesn't get used at all!
I am seeing a very similar issue with hot-plugging on the x260 systems
with the internal expanders.  If a disk is pulled and plugged back in
right away then the  PORTE_BROADCAST_RCVD event that was triggered when
the disk is plugged back in is dropped, causing the disk to never be
rediscovered.  If there is enough of a delay between unplugging and
plugging then both PORTE_BROADCAST_RCVD events are processed correctly.

Any ideas on what would cause these events to be dropped?

--Alexis

-