Re: dmesg flooded with "Very big device. Trying to use READ CAPACITY(16)"

Menion,

> Operating big capacity HDD such 8TB with complex filesystems like
> BTRFS in RAID mode endup in dmesg get flooded by this log, due too
> many capacity checks (opaque to the filesystem itself)

What's your definition of flooded? How many do you see?

Also, what kind of controller are these disks attached to? The reason
you see these messages is that to the kernel it looks like a legacy disk
device that predates capacities in the TB range. The warnings are logged
because we're surprised to be going down this path based on what the
device has previously told us.