Re: HBA recommended as FC target

Hello Laurence,

* Laurence Oberman <oberman.l@xxxxxxxxx> [2017-08-18 15:26]:
> Any of the Qlogic qla24xx or qla25xx and higher that allow you to
> disable initiator mode will work.  I use qla25xx 8Gbit in all my
> Target arrays.

thank you for your recommendations I ordered a Qlogic QLE2462-HP
-PX2510401 - 4GB 2-Port Fibre on ebay.

* Laurence Oberman <oberman.l@xxxxxxxxx> [2017-08-18 15:31]:
> There is no way to do this using adapters and generic F/C with Linux
> as the O/S. The ability to enable debugging in the F/C drivers will
> expose some of the internals but there is no way to sniff directly as
> far as I am aware.

I enabled debugging in the Linux target once and I could see quiet
detailed information. Probably this will be enough for me. At the time I
was debugging SCSI reservations.

> Many switches allow port level tracing facilities but inline sniffing
> using Linux and generic hosts is not possible.

Are you aware of facilities in entry level brocade switches that I can
use. I just have to trace one port.

Cheers,
        Thomas