Re: Receiving a SCSI response after abort task was sent

Ishai Rabinovitz wrote:
On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 01:51:51PM +0300, Erez Zilber wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about aborting tasks: when an initiator sends "abort task" to the target, it is possible that the target will send a SCSI response for the same task before receiving the abort task (I guess that the target won't send a task management response for the abort task). What should the initiator do with the SCSI response? Is the host that issued the abort task willing to receive a SCSI response for that task? Is it willing to receive only a task management response for the abort task?

This message was also sent to ips mailing list.

Thanks
--

In my opinion the initiator should work with the response and call the
done callback of this SCSI command.

Did you find any ref for this in SAM3? The only thing that I was able to find there is that a target that receives an "abort task" has to send a task management response even if it has already sent a SCSI response for that task.

Thanks
Erez
-