From: linux-scsi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-scsi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Garzik
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:32 AM
To: Doug Maxey
Cc: Mike Christie; Ravi Anand; David Somayajulu; Duane Grigsby;
linux-scsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RFC] qla4xxx: TODO for re-submission

Doug Maxey wrote:
> Having a common solution (ala ethtool) for the user/admin, across all
> SWI, all HBAs, and all distros would be optimal in my view.  Although
> the QLogic tools are out there, they only work AFAIK, for the other,
> non-mainline drivers.   It is enough pain to manage the targets,
> making one end of the configuration common would be a big bonus.

Why, in fact...  that's the purpose of blktool :)

Vendor-specific code in blktool is quite welcome.  The general idea is
to manage various vendor-specific capabilities which fit common
patterns.

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/blktool.git
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gkernel/

	Jeff

-
-