Re: fc transport creates second set of targets for devices in an "md"

I tried using a mounted file system on a single device.  Same test,
disable / wait / enable.

There was no activity on the file system following the mount until
after the enable.

duck /root# ls /sdj1
 5:0:13:0: rejecting I/O to dead device
Buffer I/O error on device sdj1, logical block 516
Buffer I/O error on device sdj1, logical block 517
Buffer I/O error on device sdj1, logical block 518
Buffer I/O error on device sdj1, logical block 519
EXT3-fs error (device sdj1): ext3_readdir: directory #2 contains a hole at offset 0
Aborting journal on device sdj1.
 5:0:13:0: rejecting I/O to dead device
Buffer I/O error on device sdj1, logical block 0
lost page write due to I/O error on sdj1
ext3_abort called.
EXT3-fs error (device sdj1): ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted journal
Remounting file system read-only

It would be really nice if the file system wouldn't be rendered
dead and require manual intervention following the scenario
of kicking a cable and plugging it back in after the dev_loss_tmo
expires.

I think I'm leaning toward wishing that the kernel could do a
better job of reconnecting devices following these little "accidents".

Mike

-