Re: Symbios-NCR 6285-3621 + Adaptec 2944W multilun problem

James Bottomley wrote:
Well, what I was hoping for was mode sense messages but, unfortunately,
there aren't any.  My suspicion is that the 6285 is dual controller
running in RDAC mode and you're attached to the inactive controller (in
that configuration it allowed INQUIRY and MODE SENSE through but errors
out on all other I/O operations).  I think you can verify by physically
removing one of the controllers and rebooting the array (or just attach
the SCSI cable to the other controller)

James:

You were right. The server was attached to controller "B" of the array. I attached it to controller "A" and it is working ok with 2.6.16.13 vanilla kernel!!!

But with 2.6.9-34EL Red Hat Enterprise Stock kernel I'm still having errors and dmesg output is a lot more verbose. I'm attaching both dmesg outputs just in case it helps.
Do I need to report this to Red Hat?
Is it a bug? or a kernel configuration error?

BTW: Do anybody in this list knows how to manage this model of array from Linux? Any software available? Boot disk? Symplicity Software? Any hint you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Array model is Symbios/NCR 6285-3621.

Again, many thanks for your wonderful support!

--
      .^.    Lic. Gabriel Gomiz - Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
      /V\    Administrador Red/Sistemas - Desarrollo Sistema POSEIDON

-