Re: SCSI trow USB-STORAGE or SBP2 Debug for buggy device Kernels 2.6.X

Gustavo Guillermo Pérez wrote:
El Lunes, 24 de Abril de 2006 17:02, James Bottomley escribió:
So, I could change the long write in progress to a retry.  However, I
suspect the reason we got that return is because this device is untagged
(doesn't accept multiple commands at once) and perhaps a better fix
might be to reduce the queue depth down to one to prevent more than one
command being outstanding at any one time.

It would not be better to include some handling on the black list? it means doing a new BLACK_CONST to handle just this special case?.

For now you can and should test a queue depth of one via sbp2:
# modprobe sbp2 serialize_io=1

But isn't usb-storage's queue depth already 1?

Dou you use all the different Pioneer drives with the same IDE/USB+FireWire bridge or do you have different bridges?
--
Stefan Richter