From: Salyzyn, Mark [mailto:mark_salyzyn@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 April 2006 14:13
To: toby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-scsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: aaccli - adding a disk to an existing container...

You need to contact Adaptec Technical Support, or read the Adaptec
Documentation regarding array expansion. Please note that aaccli is no
longer supported and has been replaced by arcconf.

The array size for a RAID-5 is (n-1)*slice size. The new size is not
available until the build has completed, during that time it appears
that aaccli is reporting what it can to justify the older size with the
newer physical components while in this transitional state. I am unsure
of the operation of the /extend_fs switch for aaccli, I believe it is
only for the windoze file system; the actions you take under Linux will
be incantations around fdisk(8).

If I were you, I'd wait for the build to complete before worrying, it
has already started and any other actions you take until it is completed
could affect the integrity of the data. If the data is unimportant, just
build a fresh 4 drive RAID-5 and you can use the disk space immediately
;->

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn