Add/Remove single device

It appears that the operations of 'add single device' and 'remove single
device' via the procfs are no longer available/provided by some HBA
drivers in the 2. 6 kernel.  Is there some equivalent function to cause
re-instancaion of devices for a specific bus and or HBA?

I work on a unit test program wherein a RAID controller appears on a bus
as target 0, lun 0, device type 3 or 13 with an sg path, but when a
logical drive is created it is now target 0, lun 0 with a logical drive
ID.  In most cases, a 2.6 kernel does not seem to see this target lun
with an appropriate '/dev/sdX' path and device type 0.

Should I expect that issuing an ioctl SG_SCSI_RESET for the host, bus or
device to the initial sg path accomplish what I need?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Todd Reichert
-