Re: stgt a new version of iscsi target?

Mike Christie wrote:

Are you sure that there are no now or will be available in the nearest feature such (eg iSCSI) SCSI arrays with response time/latency so small that having 5 (five) context switches or more per command, some of which include map/unmap operations, will not increase the latency too much? I mean, eg NFS server, which originally was user space daemon and many people didn't want it in the kernel. Eventually, it's in. I don't see any fundamental difference between NFS server and SCSI target server,

Isn't the reason a NFS server is still in the kernel is becuase some of the locking difficulties?

Might be. But from what I remember, the major reason was the performance. After googling a bit I found many acknowledgments of that.

Vlad
-