Re: Ang: Re: [Stgt-devel] Re: [Iscsitarget-devel] stgt a new version of iscsi target?

Mike Christie wrote:
Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:

Mike Christie wrote:

johan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I, and I suppose a lot of other people, would like know how you look at the HW support on the Fc side? I don´t know what you mean now, when you talk about HW target support,

For qlogic FC, it is the same as scst at this point, except we are based off the mainline qla2xxx driver.

Actually, this is not completely true and could mislead people.  Stgt is
*not* the same as scst at this point and,

Yes, I agree, I was not talking about functionality. I was only talking about how we interface with the initiator driver. My mistake. So we add a qla_tgt function callback struct (but we do it for each ha rather than global) so the initiator can call back into the target driver, so I am basically resusing that code.

OK, if you reuse scst code, I hope you won't forget to insert somewhere reference to its original authors :-)

-