Re: cpqfc

Lance Dillon wrote:
>I have an old compaq proliant server (dual 733) with the Compaq
>FibreChannel HBA Tachyon Chip/Board Ver??: WWN 5002CE4E44556677 (that is
>what the kernel messages say).  This is for my church, which has a very
>limited budget, so they really can't just buy a new machine with regular
>ide drives (this machine was donated to them).  It also has a fibre
>channel array attached to it.

The driver has been removed now. It was broken at many more places. I've
hacked a bit on this beast, you can find several of my patches on
http://opensource.sf-tec.de/kernel/ . After all these it was still not
usable.

Martin K. Petersen (mkp) is writing a replacement driver for this, but I don't
know the state of this work. We've tried many things on this beast, but some
changed got recursive. This is because many of the functions just return void
and now have to check about the return codes because of kmalloc() an such
stuff.

I wonder where all the users of this thing come from as it went clear that the
driver will die :))

Eike