Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: 2.6.14-rc1 load average calculation broken?

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Jan Dittmer wrote:

> > Maybe the wakeup occurred before ap->ops was set correctly, or after it
> > was unset.  Jan, at what point did the oops happen?  Was it right after
> > the device was detected, during removal, or some other time?
> >
> > Can you put in some debugging printk's to see what values are in ap,
> > ap->ops, and ap->ops->eng_timeout?
>
> ap->ops is 0, on dereferencing I get a backtrace. ap has a valid pointer
> (-573296044 whatever that maps to).

Hmm...  I imagine that when the error handler is first starting up,
->host_busy is equal to ->host_failed because both are 0.  So that really
is not the appropriate condition to wait for.  A better approach would be
to have an atomic_t variable recording the number of pending invocations.

On the whole, I wonder if using kthread_stop here is such a good idea.
The old mechanism for stopping worked well...

Alan Stern

-