Re: correct deregistration from scsi_transport_fc

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 05:27:47PM +0200, Andreas Herrmann wrote:
>   > It works by accident, but I will veto any updates you're going to send
>   > for this broken behaviour.
>
> So scsi_add_device will soon be mentioned in
> Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt?

No, the will still be available for transport where they make sense,
aka non-SAM things like RAID adapters.

> What is the rationale of proscribing usage of scsi_add_device() when
> scsi_transport_fc is used?

We do actually use it inernally in the sysfs scan attribute.  We don't
want the driver to do their own LUN scanning, though - that's the job
of the generic scsi code.

>   > That's intentional.  See the discussion during development of the FC
>   > transport class.  I don't like that behaviour but it's a compromise we
>   > agreed on.
>
> Where is the function to remove the scsi target representation of
> an rport? You did not agree on having memory leaks in the kernel, did
> you?

fc_remove_host will remove it when the host is gone.

-